Contributes to the achievement of Kettering Medical Center mission to improve patient outcomes and patient satisfaction through the development and leadership of quality improvement initiatives in the operational and clinical areas of Kettering Medical Center. Assures continual compliance with regulations and accreditation standards through monitoring activities, the design, and implementation of strategies to enhance compliance.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work in conjunction with Perioperative Home governance group to plan performance improvement efforts related to patient outcomes
- Serve as an education resource regarding PSH and all other quality improvement efforts
- Coordinate/facilitate weekly quality improvement meetings
- Facilitate implementation of ERAS and other quality improvement processes across the Kettering Health Network.
- Secure quality improvement champions through various areas of the health system (ie: nursing, nursing administration, hospital leadership, department educators.
- Data entry and analytics for all PSH patients into the EPIC system or other appropriate systems
Other Duties Include:
- Plan activities aimed at improving the hospital’s/in operational or clinical quality
- Identify opportunities for improved performance
- Analyze data to identify adverse trends and/or undesirable performance
- Utilize performance improvement techniques and methodologies for successful outcomes
- Serve as a project manager for interdisciplinary teams
- Establish performance targets
- Expand PSH to neuro specialty by date ( )
- Expand ERAS to various surgical types: i.e. gyn/onc, head and neck flap, breast reconstruction….
- Impact ( ) % reduction in patient complications
- Design and implement strategies for enhancing performance
- Evaluate effectiveness of improvement strategy through sustained monitoring of performance
- Contributes to the establishment of performance improvement priorities for various departments, functional units, or for the organization as a whole
- Monitor compliance, recognize opportunities for improving compliance
- Produce reports and presentations on performance improvement, compliance, and patient outcomes
- Develop, maintains, and enhances knowledge through self-evaluation and professional development
- Round on patients in clinical setting when needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all areas of patient care
- Analysis of data and processes
- Ability to manage numerous quality improvement projects simultaneously through effective priority setting, efficient use of time, and organization
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and regulations related to healthcare
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create and present high-level presentations
- Licensed in the state of Ohio as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Minimum of Bachelors of Nursing degree is required.
- Minimum 5 years healthcare related experience. Minimum of 3 years’ experience with significant responsibilities and success in performance/process improvement. Clinical chart review and abstraction experience.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in post surgical care nursing in an acute care hospital required.
- Must have knowledge of post anesthesia care recovery
- Critical thinking related to normal and abnormal pathology and physiology required.
- Computer skills and experience preferred in Excel or spreadsheet, Word or word processing, graphics, database software and ability to learn new database systems required.
- Aptitude for detail work.
- Must possess analytical skills to collect and organize a variety of data for accurate and timely reporting of information.
- Ability to use the following equipment: Personal computer, printer, typewriter, copy machine, fax machine.
- Ability to work independently.